Sunday, May 2, 2010
US POSTAGE STAMP TO COMMEMORATE THE ADVENT OF BLACK POWER by FAith Ringgold (1967). Oil on canvas. All rights reserved. Copyright restricted.
DIE by Faith RInggold (1967). Oil on canvas. All rights reserved. Copyright restricted.
The Flag is Bleeding by Faith Ringgold (1967). Oil on canvas. All rights reserved. Copyright restricted.
- Art Workers in 1969
- The United States of Attica by Faith RInggold
- The People's Flag Show by Faith Ringgold
- Faith RInggold's Political Posters: Power To The P...
- The Prisonhouse of Culture--Part II
- For The Women's House--In The Prisonhouse of Cultu...
- In the upcoming exhibition of Faith Ringgold's wo...
- For The Women's House
- Relating to the Mood of the 60s: Will You Still Lo...
- Faith Ringgold: On The Necessity of Primitivism to...
- 1960s Mural
- Die (1967) by Faith Ringgold
- ▼ May (12)
- Michele Wallace
- I am a writer and a professor of English at the City College of New York, and the CUNY Graduate Center. My books include Black Macho and the Myth of the Superwoman (1979), Invisibility Blues (1990), Black Popular Culture (1992), and Dark Designs and Visual Culture (2005). I write cultural criticism frequently and am currently working on a project on creativity and feminism among the women in my family, some of which is posted on the Soul Pictures blog.